- This event has passed.
Advanced Pediatric Orthodontics
March 17, 2023 @ 8:00 am – March 18, 2023 @ 5:00 pm EDT
Dr. Jay’s presentation will focus on the necessary mechanics to achieve the goals of treatment. Treatment will be demonstrated through sequential photos of case studies of his patients inmixed dentition and teen patients.
- Twin Block (Modified Gerber Fixed & Removable) – a Neuromuscular improved technique to treat teens for class 2 correction. Correction: for deficient and posterior displaced mandibles. Dr. Jay will show you how to immediately implement several types of ‘Blocks’ used for Class II Correction in Teens including his Fixed Block for more patient control and the Expansion and Sagittal Twin Blocks. Improved versions over the original: improved retention, reduced TX time (4-6 months) as the patient eliminates wearing during eating as they will be instructed on the use of “chewing gum” that allows for a more rapid adaption of the normal chewing cycle and masticatory muscle balance.
- Orthopedic Facial Mask – the most comprehensive technique available to treat your class 3 patients exhibiting a Retronathic Maxilla common in UAO restricted patients. This remarkable non-surgical approach is in use by numerous clinicians. Dr. Jay will bring his over 30 years of experience to share with you how to succeed.
- Myofunctional Bead (Gerber) – this technique perfected by Dr. Gerber allows the clinician to have near total control of Myofunctional therapy. Patients presenting with tongue postural and swallowing dysfunction require not only arch development treatment and more often Myofunctional tongue therapy. The MFB appliance allows the clinician to insert an appliance types that implemented to improve the transverse and sagittal shape of the upper palate and lower dental arches. Of particular importance when treating airway in Pediatric patients.
- 3D Wilson Appliances – represent modern fixed/removable lingual appliances. These are invaluable for several reasons: first for the correction of AP & Sagittal deficient arch deficiencies. Arch development is manageable by the clinician for correction of deficiencies in airway patients requiring arch development. The fixed/removable nature of the appliances provides you with the necessary control of treatment. Dr. Jay will cover in detail: 3D Mandibular, Quad & Multi Action Palatal.
- Fixed Bite Plane Rickinator – Fixed vertical and Class 2 Again Dr. Jay has made dramatic improvements on the original. The Rickinator is used for Class II & Vertical Correction and when following Twin Blocks and Primary Molar Build-ups. Eliminating vertical elastics: in the full dentition he developed the RCS SL Niti archwire that vertically eliminates the need for elastics to accomplish the most rapid posterior vertical development. All this will improve your treatment time by many months.
- All Appliances and Techniques – instruction includes detailed case studies, patient specific diagnosis, fabrication & appliance designs, including digital applications, insertion, adjustments and patient instructions.
$1195.00 per doctor