10 Session, Hands-On Orthodontic Course Using Self-Ligating Brackets
November 18 @ 8:00 am – November 19 @ 5:00 pm UTC-5
Course Make-Up & Structure
This comprehensive orthodontic CE course includes a substantial hands-on component where dentists treat orthodontic patients in a clinical setting with intensive instructor oversight.
Because of the clinical component, course size is limited to a maximum of 20 dentists and we encourage you to enroll early in order to secure your spot.
Sessions generally meet for lecture on Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (with a break for lunch on your own) at the contracted hotel and on Saturday for patient clinic at the host dental practice from 8:00 AM to approximately 3:00 PM.
Each session meets every other month for a total of 10 sessions over approximately 20 months.
Two dentists pair per operatory and each pair is typically assigned 6 to 7 patients.
Our goal is to keep those patients with the same dentists throughout the course (from braces on to braces off).
We take numerous photos throughout the course, so starting in Session 3, all course dentists will study all patient cases participating in the course.
The Friday lectures include the following topics:
- How brackets move teeth
- Differences in bracket systems
- Diagnosis – Class I, II, and III Malocclusions
- Cephalometric analysis and treatment planning
- Extractions – when to extract
- How to present ortho cases to patients
- Orthodontic Straight-Wire Mechanics
- How to band and bracket teeth
- Facial Aesthetics
- Ortho Appliances
- Palatal Expanders
- Limited Orthodontic Cases – minor tooth movement
- Space Maintenance
- Overbite / Overjet
- Open Bites
- Surgical (Orthognathic) Orthodontics
- Case Finishing
- Orthodontic Practice Management
* When you book your hotel stay, mention you are attending our 10 Session Course to obtain a discount on room rates.