"Finishing your cases to the standards you want in a timely fashion"
Dr. Jay’s presentation will focus on the necessary mechanics to achieve the goals of treatment. Treatment will be demonstrated through sequential photos of case studies of his patients inmixed dentition and teen patients.
- Twin Block (Modified Gerber Fixed & Removable) – a Neuromuscular improved technique to treat teens for class 2 correction. Correction: for deficient and posterior displaced mandibles. Dr. Jay will show you how to immediately implement several types of ‘Blocks’ used for Class II Correction in Teens including his Fixed Block for more patient control and the Expansion and Sagittal Twin Blocks. Improved versions over the original: improved retention, reduced TX time (4-6 months) as the patient eliminates wearing during eating as they will be instructed on the use of “chewing gum” that allows for a more rapid adaption of the normal chewing cycle and masticatory muscle balance.
- Orthopedic Facial Mask – the most comprehensive technique available to treat your class 3 patients exhibiting a Retronathic Maxilla common in UAO restricted patients. This remarkable non-surgical approach is in use by numerous clinicians. Dr. Jay will bring his over 30 years of experience to share with you how to succeed.
- Myofunctional Bead (Gerber) – this technique perfected by Dr. Gerber allows the clinician to have near total control of Myofunctional therapy. Patients presenting with tongue postural and swallowing dysfunction require not only arch development treatment; but, more often, Myofunctional tongue therapy. The MFB appliance allows the clinician to insert an appliance type that, once implemented, improves the transverse and sagittal shape of the upper palate and lower dental arches. This is of particular importance when treating the airway in pediatric patients.
- 3D Wilson Appliances – represent modern fixed/removable lingual appliances. These are invaluable for several reasons: first for the correction of AP & Sagittal deficient arch deficiencies. Arch development is manageable by the clinician for correction of deficiencies in airway patients requiring arch development. The fixed/removable nature of the appliances provides you with the necessary control of treatment. Dr. Jay will cover in detail: 3D Mandibular, Quad & Multi Action Palatal.
- Fixed Bite Plane Rickinator – Fixed vertical and Class 2 Again Dr. Jay has made dramatic improvements on the original. The Rickinator is used for Class II & Vertical Correction and when following Twin Blocks and Primary Molar Build-ups. Eliminating vertical elastics: in the full dentition he developed the RCS SL Niti archwire that vertically eliminates the need for elastics to accomplish the most rapid posterior vertical development. All this will improve your treatment time by many months.
- All Appliances and Techniques – instruction includes detailed case studies, patient specific diagnosis, fabrication & appliance designs, including digital applications, insertion, adjustments and patient instructions.
Course Session Highlights
Dr. Gerber will demonstrate and instruct you on the most efficient techniques. Appliances and treatment to be covered with comprehensive case studies.
- Straight Wire Mechanics for teens to insure a fast and efficient finish
- Latest braces
- Mechanics: midline, OJ, OB, Vertical for Open and Closed Bites and more
- More on ‘fixed’ Sagittal & Transverse treatment, including the Magill Sagittal
- CD Distal Driver and Anterior CD Drive – an improvement to the Growth Appliance
- Class III - Appliance Design & Applications including the Orthopedic Facial Mask
- Class II & III Case Studies including many Airway Obstructed Patients
- Palatal expansion for airway patients using the RPE, RME and NPE2
- Most efficient rapid vertical (no elastics) - Rickinator, Rickinator Plus, SWA & Niti wires
- Dr. Jay always covers: Airway and Sassouni Plus cephalometric diagnosis
- Missing teeth solutions, Fixed Lingual Bonded Retention
- Working with your lab
- Digital appliances and 3D appliance printing
*Participants Cases (digital) are always reviewed by Dr. Jay.
Jay W. Gerber, DDS, FICCMO, DAIPM, DIAO
Dr. Gerber has taught Orthodontic, TMD, and Facial Pain classes to doctors and team members in the United States and internationally since 1984. Dr. Jay’s extensive clinical experiences are augmented by a hospital staff appointment of 37 years, including experience in the treatment of airway obstructed and facial trauma patients. Dr. Jay is the founder of the Center for Occlusal Studies, an educational training facility for dentists. During his distinguished teaching career, he has made over 1,000 presentations world-wide at distinguished universities and local, national, and international dental organizations, including the AGD, and Yankee Dental Congress as well as at state and national dental associations. He is also a past Director for Neuromuscular Orthodontics at LVI Global.
Amy Gerber Smith, DDS, MS
Born and raised in the Mid-Ohio Valley, Dr. Smith grew up in a dental family. Her grandfather, father, and uncle all ran successful dental practices, and she saw their happiness and how much they helped people. Orthodontics is truly her calling, and she loves being surrounded all day by smiles!
She received her Doctorate of Dental Surgery from West Virginia University, where she graduated with honors. Next, she attended the University of Louisville where she completed a Master of Science and a residency in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics. She has owned her own practice for over 15 years and has thriving practices in Parkersburg and Ripley.
Dr. Smith loves how the field of orthodontics is constantly evolving. New technologies and advances in techniques and materials mean more efficient, effective, and comfortable treatment. Each year she completes many continuing education courses to stay current on these innovations.
$595 per team member
Course Support Request
Need additional information or help? Let us know and one of our course support team will get in touch with you.